Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dr. Joseph Shapiro - Light Therapy


Colouring pencilsImage via Wikipedia
I have been looking into syntonics lately.  As per Dr. Shapiro, Syntonics, a form of light therapy, restores balance to the nervous system through the use of selected frequencies of color administered through the eye. Just as we have vitamin deficiencies, we also have spectral assimilation deficiencies. After a careful and special analysis of what deficiencies need to be supplemented, colored light through the eye will then be capable of treating a wide variety of dysfunctions such as lazy eye, reduced peripheral vision, double vision, photosensitivity, focusing problems, attention deficit disorder, and headaches including migraines.
Dr. Joseph Shapiro - Light Therapy



I do like color a lot... Bright vibrant colors and soft Zen like palates alike appeal to me.  And, I do feel color is therapeutic.  So innately, I like this form of therapy.  However, like a lot of things out there, who knows whether this is a scientifically valid form of therapy.  I looked up syntonic optometry in Pubmed and I can't find much out there.  There is a professional organization out there for syntonic optometry and  I found one little blurb that states that 250 clinics in Russian and the Ukraine use it.  But I don't know if  that conference is a convocation of the learned or whether it is an idiot's convention (just lacking the sign above its door, "Welcome Idiots!")!  Whether those clinics contain  250 scientists or 250 whack jobs!

Whether syntonics is a therapy that is working its way up from research studies through development as a proven clinical practice or not.  So it's a little hard for the lay person to evaluate the claims.  At some point, I am going to read up on interpreting clinical studies.  I knew I suffered through statistics in college for a good reason!  But for now, I am going to work through some more well-defined therapies.  I have enough on my plate.

Gale Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine: Syntonic optometry
Syntonic optometry: An entry from Thomson Gale's Gale Encyclopedia of Alternative MedicineGale Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine: Syntonic optometrySYNTONICS & Cranial Sacral & Vision Therapy; 2005 Syntonic Optometry Presentation; Education in Sound and SightGale Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine: Syntonic optometrySYNTONICS & Cranial Sacral & Vision Therapy; 2005 Syntonic Optometry Presentation; DVD Education in Sound and Sight
Bookmark and Share
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]