Monday, April 12, 2010

VisionandLearning.org | Visual Integration Skills

Eye movement first 2 seconds (Yarbus, 1967)Image via Wikipedia
Visual -Visual Integration
Visual-Visual Integration occurs when several visual skills integrate together. Like looking at the word siamese and see a picture of a cat. I have used visual-visual integration when memorizing characters in Chinese and Japanese (I speak both languages, although I am forgetting a bit). I have tried memorizing the word transcribed in English, memorizing its translation and visualizing the character at the same time.

Visual-Auditory Integration

Visual-Auditory Integration is linking together visual information with hearing. Having CAPD (Central Auditory Processing Disorder) really impacts the vision skills needed to process peripheral space and motion. One problem that I have encountered personally is the need to have directions repeated often. It can be directions to and from a place or just verbal instructions. I can't tell you how much trouble this has caused. People just don't like to repeat themselves.
VisionandLearning.org | Visual Integration Skills



Bookmark and Share
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]