Image via WikipediaHere is a spelling activity to help students put visual material into their visual memory.
1. Take any word on the spelling list. Perhaps you want to learn to spell picnic.
2. Write picnic in neat manuscript letters as a model.
3. Direct the student to trace the word with a pencil five times.
4. Next tell the student to imagine that it is a very damp cold day. There is moisture on the car window. Tell the student to use her finger to write the word picnic on the window.
5. Ask her if she can see the word on the imaginary car window. Then ask her to spell it by reading the letters from the window in her mind. Next, ask her to spell it backwards."
Eye Can Too! Read: Teaching Students Visual Memory Skills: "