Monday, May 17, 2010

Update on Interactive Metronome Therapy

Clap, clap, clap!

Just finished week 1 of Interactive Metronome (IM) and while my scores have indicated improvement (I am tracking in the 80 millisecond range on average, way down from my scores,not too much has changed this week functionally.   So, I guess you could say that I am waiting for the applause!  I do get pretty pooped out from it but I am not as wiped out as I would have been from Tomatis.

I have had some rather weird thoughts flit in and out while I have been doing IM. I remember marching as a kid and getting yelled at because I was out of step... Well, I guess if you have a delay of over 100 ms you are not going to be in step.  Add in a high arch and you are not going to be walking perfectly steadily (you know, wear a book on your head). 

I also have had some weird images of a church with its steeple kicked over... along with a sword under a table.  Anybody good with Rorschach images who might want to take a crack?




Bookmark and Share