Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Computer based Reading Exercises in Vision Therapy

It may come as a surprise to readers of this blog, but apparently, I read at a jr. high school level of fluency(the ability to read connected text rapidly, smoothly, effortlessly, and automatically with little conscious attention to the mechanics of reading, such as decoding).   In vision therapy, we are doing the Home Therapy Solutions' Dynamic Reading and I have been reading about Martin Gaye and Bruce Springsteen.  Sometimes I wonder if I am cheating a little on the reading comprehension tests because I do know a little about the subject matter.  But having the material presented in chunks of a running text,  makes me use my eyes properly as I can't jump about like I normally do.
Computer based office therapy
Bookmark and Share
Enhanced by Zemanta