Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Swallowed Up By The Iphone 4 -- Or a Little Knowledge is a dangerous thing.

The keypad of the Motorola RAZR V3t also known...Image via Wikipedia
I haven't posted in a few days because I have been swallowed up the by my new Iphone 4.  My problem is also that I know enough to be dangerous and I sat and futzed around moving contacts and pictures over from my Motorola Razr.  My Mac is in the shop so I was stuck moving  my stuff from the Razr to a PC and then to the Iphone.

Bluetoothing ended up slinging my bits into the ether (not ethernet!  Bad joke for the technologically knowledgeable) as I was having a hard time getting the PC to shake hands with the Razr or Iphone.  The computer and the cell phones really didn't want to pair... an ill-mated ensemble!  But after enough nagging and moaning,  like a bad old couple, my electronics finally went to bed with each other and swapped what they needed to swap.

Had I known less about technology, I could have finished earlier.  After getting the pictures moved, I could have just typed my contacts into the iPhone and saved myself a number of hours diddling with Outlook, iTunes, and   the Window's Bluetooth services...

Had I been on a Mac, I would have been finished much sooner.  But now back to the world, and the dirty dishes in the kitchen sink.

I haven't had problems with reception, yet... but will keep you posted.

Theoretically, this is going to make me more organized... you know, help with problems with executive function.

Bookmark and Share
Enhanced by Zemanta