Monday, June 14, 2010

Vision Therapy 6/9

The eye as a double system: the foveal system ...Foveal system for peripheral vision.  Image via Wikipedia
Today we worked on a drill involving using a red and green plastic sheet over some numbers. I had to find the numbers in order and copy them onto a gridded sheet. 

We also did a computer drill that worked on peripheral vision.  Apparently, the foveal system needs to be strengthened.  The foveal system is the part  of the retina immediately surrounding the fovea. This region of the retina has a mix of photoreceptors, with all three types of cones and rods present. The reason we are looking at this is that I am not sure about what's going on when I am in a group of people.  I tend to focus on one person to the exclusion of other people.  I don't know if I am doing this because of hearing problems (I have Auditory Processing Disorder)  or some sort of Autistic Theory of Mind (can't acknowledge other people).  So I guess we are trying to make sure that I don't have any problems in vision. 

We also did a metronome drill with 4 sheets of letters and numbers on both sides of a door.  I read them in time to a beat.  I did better since I've had the interactive metronome (a computer drill that involves clapping in time to the beat).  I've been horribly off beat before I did the interactive metronome.
Bookmark and Share
Enhanced by Zemanta