Monday, July 5, 2010

Eccentric Circles

I need to get the ability to cross my eyes as my eyes tend to drift outward.  We have been trying to get my eyes to work together.  Here's a video on my latest home exercise, Eccentric Circles, two circles whose centers are at the center of the ellipse and whose diameters are, respectively, the major and minor axes of the ellipse.  This drill involves the fusion of separate targets ("circles") in a crossed (chiascopic) or uncrossed (orthopic) way.  In my case, we are working on crossing the eyes so that I see 3 circles. 

The video below is very similar to what I have been doing.  I have been working for larger circles posted on the wall and using my finger instead of a pen point.

Also note, the person posting the video below on Youtube has also posted a video on the Bates Method. We are not doing the Bates method.  Most optometrists don't believe in the Bates Method.




Enhanced by Zemanta