Friday, July 2, 2010

TipToe Through The Tulips of the Obscurity of Medical Journals

2008 tiptoe through the tulips at skagit valle...Tip Toeing through the Tulips --Image by buzz.bishop via Flickr
For those of you, like me, who are trying to TipToe Through The Tulips of the Obscurity of Medical Journals, and who are wondering how to understand the biomedical statistics, here is a helpful glossary  to some of the key terms. 

I never liked statistics so I figured I liven it up with doggerl (apologies to Tiny Tim):

TipToe through Medical Journals,
By the P value,
Through the Kappa Statistic,
Come Tip Toe Through Biomedical Statistics With Me!

TipToe From the Bias
To the Shadow of the Confounding
And TipToe Through Medical Journals With Me!

Knee Deep in Numbers We'll Stray
And Keep Common Sense at Bay.
And if I Lose You in the Weeds
In the Jargon,
Will You Pardon Me?
Come TipToe Through Medical Journals With Me!
Bookmark and Share
Enhanced by Zemanta