Image via WikipediaTop 12 Brain-Based Reasons Why Music as Therapy Works
- Music is a core function in our brain.
- Our bodies entrain to rhythm.
- We have physiologic responses to music.
- Children (even infants) respond readily to music.
- Music taps into our emotions.
- Music helps improve our attention skills.
- Music uses shared neural circuits as speech.
- Music enhances learning.
- Music taps into our memories.
- Music is a social experience.
- Music is predictable, structured, and organized–and our brain likes it!
- Music is non-invasive, safe and motivating
Top 12 Brain-Based Reasons Why Music as Therapy Works | The Posit Science Blog