Friday, September 17, 2010

My Brain's Gymnastics: Brain Fitness

“Think faster, focus better, remember more.”
 
I will be using Posit Science's program, Brain Fitness, after I finish the Interactive Metronome. Maxine Young, my audiologist, recommended that I do this before I come see her to work on hearing-- she has recommended that I do Fast Forward for my Central Auditory Processing Disorder.   Maxine says that she has tried Brain Fitness and that it has helped her.  I know that Ericksons Retirement Community has also been using it to improve cognitive function for its residents.

Brain Fitness will help improve auditory processing, overall brain processing speed, attention and memory.

The IMPACT study–a study of 487 healthy adults over the age of 65-- found that  trainees were more than twice as fast in processing information after they completed Posit Science’s Brain Fitness Program than were active controls. On a standardized assessment battery evaluating overall memory and other cognitive abilities (and on other standard measures of the trained subjects’ competence for remembering what they heard) the average trainee scored as well as a normal individual who was about 11 years younger.  The study also documented improvements in the trained individuals’ everyday lives through self reported questionnaire.


Posit Science Brain Fitness Program for One Person, PC Version  
Posit Science Brain Fitness Program for One Person, PC Version 
Posit Science Brain Fitness Program for One Person, Mac Version
Posit Science InSight Brain Fitness Program for One Person 
Posit Science InSight Brain Fitness Program for One Person
Posit Science DriveSharp Brain Fitness Exercises
Enhanced by Zemanta