Sunday, November 14, 2010

Partying with Balance and Hearing Problems

20090912 - Britt & Chris's wedding - reception...Image by Rev. Xanatos Satanicos Bombasticos (ClintJCL) via FlickrWent to my husband's niece's wedding and reception on Friday and took the opportunity to look at some of the results of therapy.
My balance is all over the place these days.  The prednisone that I am taking has affected my balance demonstrably on an Occupational Therapy assessment.  Dr. Palmer cut the dose down to 10 mg and I was not feeling as wobbly as I have been.
I've got my the fluid in my ears cleared  out.  So, I think that has helped my hearing and balance out.
So, how's my Partying these days?
I can still wear 6" heels and rock to the beat even after 2 Bailey's Bristol Creams and a half flute of champagne.  I got almost everyone at my table rocking to the beat on the dance floor.   Even hubby rocked a little bit.  Hubby may be the Big Poppa Bear, but he is not the Dancing Bear.
I think I was keeping to the beat better until the end when I was getting tired.  As I started noticing I wasn't keeping to the beat, I took that as a sign to sit down.
Didn't have big problems hearing in noise that I've had in the past.   Previously, I was always leaning forward, going "What? What?  I didn't quite catch that."  Didn't have problems hearing people on the other side of the table.
Did feel a bit overwelmed with the boom-boom-boom of the music.  It kind of wore me out and started to get on my nerves at the end.  So we left early about 10 pm instead of carrying on until the wee hours of the morning. 
Enhanced by Zemanta