Monday, December 20, 2010

Good, Good Good Vibrations

In a little local rag that advertises all things healing and new age,  a little notice about the healing power of sound caught my eye, or maybe hummed my chakra, so I went off to check it out.  A local massage practice was starting up and had an open house advertising their services, one of which was the healing power of vibroacoutics.

So what is vibroacoustics therapy?  It is a therapy that uses sound to produce mechanical vibrations that are applied directly to the body.  Speakers or transducers are placed in a massage table to vibrate at the same time music is played through headphones.  You can also wear special eyeglasses that will display lights that will dance about in sync to the music.

It's kinda of fun... nice new age music and a humming motion.  Is it therapy?  I don't know.  I could just say , as Fox News does:  I report,  you decide.

Or, I could take the 60's approach, if it feels good, do it.

Or, I could just decide not to scramble my brains and let others go first.
Enhanced by Zemanta