Saturday, December 11, 2010

Rocking Around The Christmas Tree Having a Happy Holiday

My hearing has definitely improved to the point where I am hearing the lyrics of songs.  It's really nice around Christmas to hear lyrics of songs that I had not memorized by rote as a child and to know what those songs are saying.  I am definitely "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree".  I never realized that  "Let it Snow" was actually about a couple in the snow and that the couple was saying good bye to each other.   I never realized what Elvis Presley was really saying in "Blue Christmas".  Most of these songs were coming across to me as blah blah blah mumble mumble hmmm hmmm Christmas something or other blah blah blah mumble mumble.
    

A Christmas card from 1870Image via Wiki
It's really nice to be driving around with my radio on and understanding what's going on.   In addition to just plain hearing the lyrics, I can hear more of the harmony and richness in the arrangements of these songs so there's a more vividness and color to the Christmas season this year.
Enhanced by Zemanta