Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Funny: For We Like Sheep!

I just wanted to pass along a funny.

As many of you know, I have been listening to songs as my hearing has been getting better and I have been trying to figure out what has changed and what has stayed the same.
George Frideric Handel, by Balthasar Denner (d...Image via Wikipedia
I put on Handel's Messiah and listened to the aria: "For We're Like Sheep".  Well, to me it still sounds like "For We Like Sheep"!  I don't think that's what Handel meant.

I mentioned this to my audiologist and she got a kick out of it.  She used to record with the Pittsburgh symphony and mentioned that a lot of recordings sound this way unless the director has made an explicit effort to make the singers enunciate clearly.  She was pretty amused.


Enhanced by Zemanta