Thursday, June 23, 2011

Rocket Dress Makes Me a Certified Clothes Pony

Yup, that's right! I have been really complimented on my taste.  Went to my high school reunion dinner and met up with a bunch of folks.  It's interesting to see where we all have ended up after 35 years.  We are alot more relaxed amongst each other than during our high school years.  The influence of the cliques has dissapated and we are all happier to be with each other.

One of the guys has gone into couture and he complimented me on my outfit.  I am as pleased as punch.  He LOVED my necklace and asked me where I got it.  I didn't have the heart to tell him that it was from Chico's, but took the dodge that I inherited it from my  Mother-In-Law, which I did.  But we bought it together at Chicos.  And he ADORED my Tadashi Shoji cocktail dress, called it the "Rocket Dress". 

We had a pleasant chat about the couture industry and I asked him where lay people could go and look at things.  Obviously, I am not going to be spending 1000's of dollars on couture.  But I do like to look.  He said to go to the Steve MacQueen exhibit, Bergdorfs and Barney's in New York City. 
Enhanced by Zemanta