Saturday, August 6, 2011

Limes and Lions

 Limes and Lions, Oh MY!  Limes and Lions, Oh, MY!

A wedge of limeImage via WikipediaMy husband is a bit of a geek and loves to upgrade our computers to the latest operating system.  We have ditched the World of Windows and have moved to the Superior World of Macs.  So, when Mac changed their operating system, he was gung ho on upgrading and was carrying on about Mac Lime. 

At least, that's what I heard.  I am not so keen on following the latest software upgrades for Operating Systems so I had to take his word for it that Lime is the thing to have.  That is, until I finally got around to the upgrade and went to the Mac site, where I found out that the latest and greatest Operating System is, in fact, Lion.

Unfortunately, one of my therapy programs, Brain Fitness, doesn't lie down with the Lions and won't work with the new upgrade.  Neither will, the Dynamic Reader.  Upgrading software is not a Peaceable Kingdom with the Lambs of Therapy Programs lying down with the Lions of Operating Systems.  So, I am going to hold off on upgrading my Mac for a while.
one of the two marble lions in the Jardin du L...Image via Wikipedia
The whole Lime vs Lion misunderstanding makes me realize that I am missing a lot of auditory information in my day to day life.  I don't think I am hearing all my consonants correctly.  I really get the feeling that I may come across with a certain befuddledness like some of the elderly seem to present.   You know, when an elderly aunt is repeating what you said but not quite accurately.   It can make you seem a lot less on the ball.... we are talking about liONS, not liMES.    Oh, well.  Another topic for my audiologist when I see her.

Copyright © 2010-2011 Traveller
Enhanced by Zemanta