Sunday, September 11, 2011

Vision Therapy. Playing Picture Bingo with the Amish and Horses

Two Amish girls in traditional attire, Lancast...Image via Wikipedia Went to Vision Therapy again this week.  I went over hill and dale in Amish land through the rain to get to my appointment.  Boy, am I starting to know the Pennsylvania Turnpike pretty well between driving to the other side of Philadelphia and then jetting off to Leola.

This time we did more drills with projecting a stereoscopic image on a screen using HTS software.  I had to play with a game like controller to shift the image until I got my animal to appear double.  I do great on base out.  Not so hot on base in.

Then I read  alternating one line from letters on the wall and then one line from a card.  And I read letters to the beat of a metronome.

Then I played picture bingo with 3 cards against Amanda, a nice Amish girl who was doing vision therapy. We both used flippers at the same time we were playing.  Amanda won once and I won the other time.

While we were playing bingo, a mother came by to pick her children up.  She was homeschooling them and had a lot of flexibility with her time.  So she decided to take them to the Ironsprings Farm, a local  horse farm that is owned by one of the Campbell Soup heiresses.  She showed us some pictures ofthe horses.  They of  the horses at the farm. While we were playing bingo, a mother came by to pick her children up.  She was homeschooling them and had a lot of flexibility with her time.  So she decided to take them to the Ironsprings Farm, a local  horse farm that is owned by one of the Campbell Soup heiresses.  She showed us some pictures of the horses.  The farm owns champion bloodline warmblood and freisian horses.   Their horses have won While we were playing bingo, a mother came by to pick her children up.  She was homeschooling them and had a lot of flexibility with her time.  So she decided to take them to the Ironsprings Farm, a local  horse farm that is owned by one of the Campbell Soup heiresses, Mary Alice Malone.  She showed us some pictures of the horses.  The farm has champion bloodline warmblood and Friesian Horses.

Mary Alice Malone, a mere billionairess, pioneered the American sport horse breeding industry, importing some of the finest breeding stallions and mares from Germany, Poland, and Holland.

These horses have won a number of awards such as placing 4th place for NEDA 2008 open division year end awards Grand Prix, 2008 Maine Dressage Society Grand Prix Champion, and one horse even  won the US Reserve Championship.

My therapist told me to leave early since there is the risk of significant flooding.  I’m glad I did.  it was no fun driving in the pouring rain on the turnpike.
Copyright © 2010-2011 Traveller Journey Through The Cortex
Enhanced by Zemanta