Saturday, November 26, 2011

Final Interactive Metronome Assessment and Next Steps

OccupationalTherapy
Image by Foxtongue via Flickr
Talked with my Occupational Therapist, Maude,  just before Thanksgiving, about the end of Interactive Metronome Training and our next steps.

She pointed out that there is some improvement from our second loop but not as much as she thought I could do.  A lot of it had to do with me just not feeling up for it.  I just didn't feel like I was really on my game.  Also, I think I might want to do more balance work as well. 

Maude didn't think that I would be getting many functional gains from another round of IM right now, so we won't repeat it.  We think overall I really improved a lot from the first IM session.  I feel a lot more focused and my motor planning is a lot better.  I am a lot more in touch with my body. 


I told Maude about what's working and what's not working with Captain's Log.  I am doing fine on selection/inhibition games; I am not doing so well on problem solving games and speed. I just don't click my fingers fast enough on the mouse.  I know what I want to do but I just don't mouse over fast enough.  She thinks maybe in a year I might want to come back and repeat IM and Captain's Log together.  So that's what we will do next.

Also, I told her about my problems with suppression, eye tracking and binocular vision.  Maude seems to think that the Cellfield program might help with the supression and eyetracking.  Cellfield doesn't seem to be a standard tool in many optometrists toolbox but I am willing to give it a try.  I would really like to avoid surgery which would be the next step. 

Also, Cellfield will help with working memory and processing speed which are issues for me as well.  She agrees with my audiologist, Maxine, that I have some problems with working memory... i.e. that my good score on my neuropsych assessment doesn't tell the whole story.


Copyright © 2010-2011 Traveller Journey Through The Cortex
Enhanced by Zemanta