Sunday, January 6, 2013

Went to the Sleep doctor

Main health effects of sleep deprivation (See ...
Main health effects of sleep deprivation (See Wikipedia:Sleep deprivation). Model: Mikael Häggström. To discuss image, please see Template talk:Häggström diagrams (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
A long time ago, my audiologist had recommended getting a sleep study so finally I am off to the sleep doctor.

Given that the sleep doctor is also a neurologist, I had a bit of a neurological exam given by his resident.  I am getting to be an expert at these kinds of exams so I ended up coaching her on things to look at.   She gave me the standard neurological exam aka look at the fingers held to my left or right, track my finger, check my reflexes by tapping on them with a small hammer, etc.    I coached her through it as I remember what my optometrists and physical therapists were doing.  Sorry.  But I am getting to be a bit of a pro at this.

At the end of it all, we agreed that I should get a sleep study.  So I am waiting for the scheduler to call me.
Copyright © 2010-2012 Traveller Journey Through The Cortex
Enhanced by Zemanta