Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Memory training with Cogmed -- Update

English: Baddeley's model of working memory in...
English: Baddeley's model of working memory in English (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Trudging along with Cogmed, a computer based training program designed to improve memory.

I have some scores in the high range-- especially those that I can use verbal cues with.

I have some scores in the low range-- those that involve visual spatial memory.   I think that the problem is encoding.   I am not just registering visual spatial pictures.

One thing that seems to help is remembering pathways and not spots.  Men do better than women with visual spatial memory for just this reason.

However, after training a bit with the navigation module of Brain HQ, I have improved the tests that involve rotation.    Also Brain HQ's tests involving rotating dots have improved some of the tests that involve moving dots.



Copyright © 2010-2013 Traveller Journey Through The Cortex
Enhanced by Zemanta