Monday, October 14, 2013

Neurofeedback Update...

Neurofeedback
Neurofeedback (Photo credit: Arenamontanus)
I've been going to Neurofeedback on a weekly basis for about 2 months so far and it is making a big difference.

We have been working on dissolving pain.  I have been having headaches and eye strain, pain in my throat, and chest and stomach.   After the session and while doing the home exercises, I notice that I am much, much calmer and pain free.  Some of the pain we are finding is due to my misaligned eyes, especially in the head and some is more related to balance and dizziness  and some is more emotional.

What I like is that my therapist is looking at symptoms and working with me to get rid of problem areas; rather than looking at a diagnosis and trying to fit me to a given plan.  So I am not doing one particular protocol per se.

What we are doing is alpha training.  I am really good at getting into an alpha state, the state of being alert in a relaxed way.  The goal is to be aware of your body and aware of your thoughts and surroundings all at the same time.

 In fact, last time, I left the office totally in sync with the world.  I was aware of myself, aware of driving and aware of other thoughts.

Little by little I am training myself to be more focused.




Copyright © 2010-2013 Traveller Journey Through The Cortex
Enhanced by Zemanta