Saturday, November 23, 2013

Tummy Troubled by Gluten

French Fries
French Fries (Photo credit: fritish)
Gluten crept into my life a lot this week and has been wreaking havoc with my system.

One time was deliberate.  Who could refuse freshly baked rolls and a seafood pot pie?  Not me.  Went home and took some benedryl to counter the itching (antihistamine because I think itching is an allergic reaction) and took some PB8 and VSL probiotics and semethicone to ease the tummy ache.

That was the weekend.

On Tuesday, went to the hospital to visit my husband and wanted something more substantial than a salad.  Got to the cafeteria and it was closing.  The only thing they had were wheat based.  So I said the hell with it and got two pieces of pizza.  Ouch.  Redosed myself as above.

On Thursday, I had French Fries as a snack  because I thought they would be gluten free.  I don't think so.   I think that they had wheat in them somewhere as they didn't look like normal fries.   A week ago, I had an Octoberfest special with some lovely sausage and Bratwurst.  That didn't go well either.  There is gluten where you don't think it should be.

This really upsets my sleep schedule as well. I wake up with a bloated tummy and gas.  It seems like the bacteria in my stomach reacts badly as I am not upright to get the gas out by gravity!

Ah gee.  Poor tummy.

Thanksgiving is coming up and that's going to be a hard day as we are going to the relatives.
Copyright © 2009-2013 Traveller Journey Through The Cortex
Enhanced by Zemanta