Friday, November 22, 2013

Update on Neurofeedback Nov 22

English: An EEG (electroencephalograph) 1 seco...
English: An EEG (electroencephalograph) 1 second sample. The signal is filterd to present only the alpha waves. The signal was acquired in the Oz position processed with scipy and saved with matplolib. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
As my Gentle Readers know, I have been doing alpha training in neurofeedback for a while using the Open Focus technique of paying attention to space within various parts of the body.  My therapist wants to change the training slightly so I get more control over it.  So along with gently being aware of various parts of my body as the recording cues, I will try and make longer alpha waves.  We shall see how it goes.

The technique we are using is listening to a recording and having a light flash on and off and a beeper gently beep as I am in an alpha state.

I am finding I like being in alpha.  When I finish neurofeedback, I feel relaxed and refreshed ready to do something else.

I am becoming more aware of my body
Copyright © 2009-2013 Traveller Journey Through The Cortex
Enhanced by Zemanta